Leilla went in for her six month cardiology appointment this afternoon and he said GOOD things!!Last appointment in Dec. Dr Ahdoot said that she potentially would need to have open heart surgery this summer to take out her "plug" because it is tooooooooo close to her aortic valve. The Amplatzer (plug) is still close to the valve but continues to not create any problems for her. YEAH! Every time we go in and she is symptom free is a little step farther from her ever needing more intervention :).
Another improvement is that the plug is now officially closed. NO more regurgitation. This also means less symptoms such as out of breathe and tired.
Dr Ahdoot confirmed Scott and I's decision for this particular surgery by reminding us what little Leilla avoided by bypassing (no pun intended) the conventional way. No Scar, No 6 month recovery, and no long hosp stay! Praise the LORD.
He called us Professional Parents , which is quite humorous in the sense of all the things and lessons learned from Leilla's precious life.
She is very complex with her many medical issues but I am daily reminded of God's gifts when I look and her and Caden. She is now dealing with an eye/neurological issue that is somewhat unfamiliar to us. She will be going back to the optometrist and getting a neuro. consult and MRI in the following weeks.
As for her leg issues she is not allowing me to put her braces on at this point. We are going back to the orthopedist as well in the next few weeks. I am pretty much Stuck as for her next step with the braces. I am searching for help but for some reason have hit a brick wall.
Thank you for continuing to lift up of family in our journey and struggles in the medical world. I also want to thank my dear friends for supporting us and praying for us for this particular appt.
Much love,
Grover Family :)


2 comments:
I am so glad to hear you guys got some good news. You guys are always in my prayers..especially little Leilla. I just know she can overcome all her obstacles..she has 2 great parents and the Lord on her side.
Glad to hear some good news. Remember God is not finished with you yet. You all are in my prayers. Looking forward to seeing you soon at church. Love to you all,
George Eastis,aka.Papa George
Post a Comment